My Response to the idiot named Dean Saxton

            Today I was tagged in a post on Facebook that contained an article. My friend said she would love to hear what I had to say about this idiot. So I decided to take on her challenge, and I looked at the title, which read “Meet Brother Dean Saxton, Who Believes Women Are To Blame For Their Own Rape”. At first glance, I was a little shocked, but I reacted differently as I read on than I thought I would, or even differently than other people thought I would as well. I was not mad, I laughed. Who could honestly think this? I did not even want to give this guy the satisfaction of watching the video about him contained within the article, because I do not feel like he was even worth my time. So I only read the article. This person seems to believe that women are to blame for their rape, because of how they dress. Women are apparently asking to be raped left and right. Well I would like to say something about this to you Dean, and anyone else dumb enough to believe his rants, this is not true.

            You think someone who had a college education would be well rounded in the art of doing research. It is quite clear that this particular student has no research to back his ridiculous claims. If he had done his research he would know that 90% of women are raped by someone they know, not by some “horny” random by stander. He would also know that most raped women are not wearing anything less than jeans and a t-shirt. Most importantly, he would know the very basic basis of the reason a rapist commits his crime, for the feeling of complete, utter control of the person he is raping.

            Here is a very real example of a rapists’ hunger for control: my own rape, which was committed by my then boyfriend that I was attempting to break up with. From his own mouth he told me “I raped you because I knew that if I did, you would be too scared to leave me”. Is there even a hint of sexual attraction in his statement? Is there even a hint of “I’m raping you because your boobs are hanging out?”

            He would not even be able to say that, because what I was wearing at the time was nowhere near revealing. I was wearing sweatpants over shorts, with a t-shirt. A crew cut, non-revealing t-shirt. Want to explain that one Dean?

            This guy is hiding behind himself with his insults, extremist thoughts and opinions. Bottom line, the reason he thinks this way about rape victims is because he is ignorant, and clearly has problems of his own he needs to address. He knows nothing of rape. He knows nothing of the fact that even more than the event of the rape, it’s the after effects that truly affect the victim. For months, for years the victim deals with the agonizing thoughts of NOT being able to CONTROL the situation. The victim deals with the realization that despite what they were wearing, doing, saying, that they did NOTHING to deserve or bring on the rape.


            It’s people like you, Dean that make rape victims not want to report their rapists. It’s people like you that undermine the severity of rape and sexual abuse. Its people like you that make the rest of us question humanity, and make memes that say things such as: “There are too many stupid people in this world” or “I’m surrounded by idiots”. Lucky for me, you have already made a complete jack ass out of yourself by your own doing, and you left little room for me to re-iterate your ignorance and intolerance. People like you will never be convinced otherwise of your poisonous lies, no matter what anyone tells you. But here’s a piece of advice from a rape survivor, pull your head out before you make yourself look more like an idiot, if that’s even possible.


If you want to read the article for yourself, you can find it here:

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

He called....

I am 30, and it's been 11 years

Yeah, I'm still pissed